About Tenterden & District Museum
We are the Heritage heart of Tenterden where you can find out all about the local history of the town and district. On display are exhibitions relating to
- our shipbuilding past and status as a Borough
- Victorian life, featuring the town's police, fire brigade, banks, businesses and home life
- the twentieth century showcasing rooms in a 1960's home
- our agricultural heritage, highlighting the hop industry
- the development of buildings in the town including the Theatre and pubs and brewing
In addition, all of the items from our Reserve Collection are on display and there are typically two Special Exhibitions each year.
Visitors can use our audio guides to find out more about the exhibits they are viewing or play on our interactive systems to view the rooms or dig into our archives. There are quizzes for the children and a special Kids Activity Zone for them to enjoy.
Monday11:00am - 4:00pm
Tuesday11:00am - 4:00pm
Wednesday11:00am - 4:00pm
Thursday11:00am - 4:00pm
Friday11:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday11:00am - 4:00pm