About Tenterden Social Hub
Our Tenterden based charity in Kent provides essential support to our local Tenterden town and rural communities. Our Centre offers members stimulating activities to encourage social interaction and to keep active. In addition, our new Health and Wellbeing drop-in Centre, EC30, is located just one minute walk away and focuses on multi-generational support including families and young adults and houses a team of social prescribers.
An independent charity, Tenterden Social Hub is the sole provider in our local community of a wide range of support for vulnerable elderly and disabled community members, under one roof. For over 40 years we have been dedicated to our mission to support the independence of our members, helping them to remain as independent as possible and for as long as possible.
Daily we provide the opportunity for members to socialise and enjoy the activities they choose within a safe environment, as well as providing freshly cooked and nutritious meals with their choice of menu options.
Our age range across our services is from 18 to 100 years old and our support reflects the varying needs of our members;
• Over 60’s group offers the opportunity to social, enjoy outings and a range of exercise and activities
• Dementia Group provides essential support and stimulating activities for those suffering with a mild to moderate condition
• Disability Hub provides dedicated, specialist support for those who are physically and mentally disabled to enjoy fun activities of their choice
• Helping Hands service is a lifeline for those needing help at home with daily tasks such as shopping, cleaning, and laundry. This service also supports individuals returning home from hospital stays
• Meals-on-Wheels is a daily service to our local Tenterden Community and rural areas, staffed by volunteers. This helps to support individuals who have just returned from a hospital stay and those who lack mobility and are unable to get out and about
• Our daily and essential Transport service allows members from our local rural areas to access our services, without which they would remain isolated at home. We operate three minibuses as well as two Caddy’s, all fully mobile accessible to accommodate our members safely and some that support our meals-on-wheels food deliveries
Monday9:00am - 4:30pm
Tuesday9:00am - 4:30pm
Wednesday9:00am - 4:30pm
Thursday9:00am - 4:30pm
Friday9:00am - 4:30pm